Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hi! This week has been a busy week for us. As you can tell from Nate's previous post, he's started school and he definitely has a big course load. But I'm confident he can handle it. He's looking into working at one (or a couple?) of the campus dining locations on campus in terms of a part time job, and that will help us out financially - especially since his paid internship just ended. Lately I've been spending my free time at Eastern; I've really missed it and it is no secret that 'the real world' can be a pretty rude place... It's nice to come back to my college coffee shop and surf the internet and drink a nice beverage while my husband reads and studies for class. It's sort of a way of satisfying nostalgia, really.

On a different note, we had my second obgyn appt. today. The doctor tried to let us hear the heartbeat, but she couldn't find it, which made us concerned. So she pulled out the sonogram machine and got us a picture of the baby - and everyone laughed because it was literally DANCING all around. Like a fish out of water. SO WEIRD. With every sonogram and doctor appointment everything gets a bit more real.

We're in the process of making a few big changes, but we are unable to elaborate on them at this time. Suffice it to say that we can use all the positive thoughts and prayers you can spare for us.

On a lighter note, Nate's sister's wedding is coming up. We're going to be driving down south later this month.

I MISS EVERYONE,
Typhany

3 comments:

  1. Lots of prayers for all 3 of you!

    Keep steady and focused and all will be well.

    Nice to know that Eastern holds some comfort, just like a 2nd home.

    God Bless you all,
    Mama McNeill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you two dearly!!!

    many prayers are coming from my direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typh and Nate,

    Sending you lots of blessings and prayers! I am confident you two will make excellent parents for your dancing babe, no matter what challenges you face.

    Your mom's comment made me think of one of my favorite prayers. It's from my favorite book of inclusive language collects and other prayers. I find a lot of comfort in it, so maybe you two might find some too. It's inspired by Julian of Norwich, who also happens to be a bit of inspiration for all of us here at the Hazelnut Community.

    Christ our true mother,
    you have carried us within you,
    laboured with us,
    and brought us forth to bliss.
    Enclose us in your care,
    that in stumbling we may not fall,
    nor be overcome by evil,
    but know that all shall be well,
    Amen.

    Lots of love,
    Beth P-R

    PS. Oliver is standing here with his head in my lap, he sends his love as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete